Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Books Read in 2012



I had to share this before I get started on this years. I read some fantastic books last year and some not so fantastic. Shatter Me & Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi were probably the most interesting series I read in the YA genre. I am a huge fan of all things Dystopian so this series was right up my alley, and if you know me you have probably read it cuz I wouldn't have stopped harassing you until you did :) it's just how I am with a great book. 

Looking back there we two series I kinda hated... and by that I mean I liked it, read ALL the books but in hind site, other authors do the topic it better... The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel (bottom right corner) which was a YA series about an elixir that makes you Immortal. A regular girl meets an immortal boy, love and chaos ensues... but it was VERY high school and the storyline is so repetitive and predictable. I liked the main characters but didnt like the lack of surprise. Fallen by Lauren Kate (top left corner) was the other series I didn't love. Again a regular girl meets a hot mysterious boy who turns out to be a Fallen Angel has loved her for eternity and every time he finds her it's just in time for her to die a horrible death... So ya this storyline of Heaven versus Hell continues for FIVE books! If you want a series about a dark mysterious hot fallen angel Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is by FAR the better story. The best part about this series aside from the witty fallen angels & nephilim (half angels) is Mr. Cam Briel, a seriously sexy bad boy fallen angel who is only a supporting character and gets very little story time, sadly. 

I have to give a few shout outs to some lesser known authors & books I discovered in 2012...
Everyday by David Laviathan, Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, Night Road by Kristen Hannah, Eve Series by Anna Carrey, Easy by Tamara Webber, Partials by Dan Wells and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Macguire all brilliant stories that get less publicity than they deserve!

I popped my Fifty Shades cherry last year and... well.. the dirty book lover in me was born LOL! 
I read plenty of well known stuff that I loved as well, Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare,  Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead were other fantasy driven story that stuck with me. 

2012 was a great reading year, thank you for reading my blog, I live and breath books and finding kindred spirits who share my love is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment