Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pandemonium Review


Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Delirium Series #2


"Fire in my legs and lungs; fire tearing through every nerve and cell in my body. That's how I am born again, in pain...
I run, and when I can no longer run, I limp, and when I can't do that, I crawl, inch by inch, digging my fingernails into the soil, like a worm sliding across the overgrown surface of this strange new wilderness. I bleed, too, when I am born"
Lauren Oliver (Pandemonium (Delirium, #2))

I was looking forward to this book for quite a while. I was yet again swept up in the story Delirium began.

Pandemonium is almost the opposite of Delirium. In this story she is on the outside of civilization as an Invalid. She runs from the gory scene that ended Delirium watching Alex die before her eyes and then running into the wild, completely alone in her grief.

Lena runs for a days, lost in her desperation, the feeling of everything she ever loved has been taken from her. She is discovered, nearly dead, by the Invalids in the wild and they nurse her back to health, not back to her old self but as a newer, stronger, braver, hardened version of herself. They become her family. Life on the outside is hard and full of loss. Lena is thrown in with a "uncured" poster boy for the cure, Julian after being kidnapped and they get close. But she is still haunted by her love and loss for Alex. Chaos ensues and you guessed it, they fall in love.

Its a fast paced and it's deeply painful to read Lena's loss of hope. I am such a fan of Lauren Oliver's writing style and this story line I fell in love with after Delirium and now will be counting down the days until her next novel.

Highly recommended! Had a feel of Scott Westerfeld's Pretties . Check it out.

Rating: 4/5 - Fast paced & full of love & loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment